Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Continuous explorer.exe crash

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hotfire2104

Hotfire2104

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hello,
I am having a problem that just started yesterday, concerning explorer.exe.
"Windows Explorer has stopped working"

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d
Faulting module name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000000000002cc27
Faulting process id: 0x105c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb70d2ee9786b0
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Report Id: e717aed0-dce6-11df-8576-001fe26dfa86

I made no system changes recently, running the latest build of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
I have to use my computer by renaming "explorer.exe" to "explorer2.exe"...so I have no desktop, only task manager, and a picture in the background.
I have symantec endpoint protection 11 (the version that works on Win7), I also scanned my computer with the free version of SUPERantispyware, found a couple of things and removed them.
The problem still persists, it is very annoying, and I have a large amount of work that I need to complete today.
I don't expect a response today, but it would be extremely helpful.

A side note: I can open files, and applications using the "new task", and "browse" feature of task manager.

-update- suddenly explorer is not crashing anymore...so strange

Edited by Hotfire2104, 21 October 2010 - 06:42 PM.
Moved from Win7 ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users