Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Quick Question About My Post in Malware/Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 runtotorun121

runtotorun121

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hi,
It looks as though it might take a week or longer to receive any response for assistance in the 'Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs' Forum, but I have a couple of questions about the process there.

1. How long should I wait until I wonder whether or not my post might have gotten lost in the many pages? Right now it has only been a couple of days, and I am not feeling impatient while waiting but as my post drops back to page 16 and is surrounded by abandoned topics and such I just want to keep an eye on it from my end and not wait three or four weeks to check in if it doesn't normally take that long to hear from someone.

2. After I made my initial post I later edited it that evening to include the DDS and GMER logs after I could finally get a GMER scan to complete. By that time I noticed my topic had 81 views, and I am wondering if there will be any potential delay for me if a support person(s) scanned my post and moved on for now since I initially had no logs posted? I don't want to miss out on some assistance because someone thought they didn't have enough information to make a decision about whether or not they could help me. I did not reply to my own post to discuss this because I read your information that new posts are addressed in the order in which they appear on the forum.

As a brief aside, my only thought about hoping someone can see all my information sooner rather than later is because I noticed in other posts that there are often requests for updated GMER scans since a length of time has passed after the original post. I had fits trying to get GMER to complete without freezing my computer so I am a little worried that I may or may not be able to get another log for someone at a later date.

Thank you in advance for your time and your reply. I had mentioned in my post there, but I am a mommy to thirteen month old triplets so I am trying to watch the forum but don't have the ability to hang around my computer a lot! If I know I shouldn't even think about a response for a couple of weeks then I will quit trying to swing by for a while. :thumbsup:
Kristie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

Hello there,

Triplets - you've got your hands full!

To address your concerns:

About your topic getting hidden - Because of the huge number of log topics and requests for assistance in that forum, we have devised a means of seeing only those topics with no responses. While still a long list, it isn't cluttered with all the other posts. Your topic won't get lost there.

View count - Includes everyone that looks at the topic: guests, folks looking for a solution, moderators checking to see the topic is in the right forum, yourself, and others.

ALL topics in that forum are answered - it can simply take a while. At present, the oldest unanswered topic is dated Oct. 13 and yours is dated Oct. 19.

While we do try to address topics from oldest to newest, there are times that newer topics are answered earlier for a number of reasons; ability and level of training of the one responding, the operating system each of which are different, etc.

I'd suggest checking your topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic354681.html once a day for a response as the e-mail notification system may not be reliable.

I hope this addresses all your concerns,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 runtotorun121

runtotorun121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

Thank you so much for your reply, Orange Blossom. :flowers:

I will try to check in each day. I noticed some members' topics being closed because they hadn't responded in a timely manner, but I am sure they will give me a couple of days to see if I am out here. . .in between diapers, meals, errands, work, more diapers and meals, some cuddling and stories, and on and on!!!

Your answers will let me file away the process in my head and not think about it until I see someone has checked in with me.

I see you are in Bloomington! My husband went to grad school there at the School of Informatics and lived there from 2004-2006 (at least I think it was a two year program :thumbsup: ).

Thanks again,
Kristie

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

You're welcome.

And once your topic is picked up and you know or think you might not have time to run the instructions soon, let your helper know.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 partssource1

partssource1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

same issue  

When I go to My Pictures, all I see is evil orange flowers. I have it set to thumbnails, but it doesn't help. I can't open them either

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

See if this post helps;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575076/thumbnail-pictures-ave-become-an-orange-flowers/

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users