Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Editing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tomatobug

Tomatobug

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:31 PM

I am trying to take a face from one photo and put into another pics How is that done? My photo editing is Picture It 7 I know it is old Are there any free ones that would be better to use ? Thank you Tomatobug
[font=Times New Roman][size=7]Yellow Rose of Texas Tomatobug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

Have a look at some of the freeware under 'Graphic Design and Editing' here Recommended Freeware

What you want to do is fairly simple, what package will do it depends on the quality of the result you want.

Basic -
Open image 1 and image 2, use selection tool to outline head in image 1 then copy.
Move to image 2. Click paste (there may be options to paste as a new layer etc). Move head to desired position and then save the file.

More advanced-
You will probably need to resize the head, and rotate it to fit properly. The lighting may need to be altered the colours may have to be adjusted and it looks a lot better if you feather the edges to blend into the background of the second picture.

Most simple (free) photo editing apps don't have these functions. Two that do are PaintShop Pro and The GIMP. My personal favourite is PSP which I think is intuitive to use, light on system resources and can do most things anyone would normally want to do. There are older versions which were released as freeware if you can find them.
The GIMP in my limited experience can do anything you want it to, and more, with professional quality results. However I personally find it difficult to understand the interface. well worth the effort though.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users