Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Search Choice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mackd

mackd

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

i have xp pro , my internet is netzero. everytime i go on the internet a diolog box comes up saying internet explorer has tryed to be changed from google search to netzero search. it will do this 4 times. how can i stop this ? i am tired of clicking keep the old url. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:36 AM

I'm thinking that this might be caused by the "Set Program Access and Defaults" (click Start, then go to "Set Program Access and Defaults") Expand the configuration section and see what you have set as your defaults...do you see Netzero or IE in there?
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#3 mackd

mackd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:19 PM

I'm thinking that this might be caused by the "Set Program Access and Defaults" (click Start, then go to "Set Program Access and Defaults") Expand the configuration section and see what you have set as your defaults...do you see Netzero or IE in there?

on my set programs and defaults settings custom is checked and use my current browser is checked.i tryed to set it on mozilla and then when i check again it is reset to use my current browser. could you tell me how to keep it set on mozilla?

#4 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

You have to make the changes with an account that has administrative privledges.
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users