to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
I am thcbytes
and I am here to help you!
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer
. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
After 5 days if your topic is not
replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!
Again I would like to remind you to make no
further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current
condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.
Try this please. You will need a USB drive.
to the desktop of your clean computer
- Insert your USB drive
- Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
- Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
- Press Run then OK
- Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
- Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
- Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
- It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
- Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
- After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
- Next download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh to your USB
- Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
- Boot the Sick computer
- Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
- Follow the prompts
- A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
- Press File
- Expand mnt
- sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
- sdb1 is likely your USB
- Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
- Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
- Press Tool at the top
- Choose Open Terminal
- Type bash driver.sh
- Press Enter
- After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
- Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt
Please note - all text entries are case sensitive
Copy and paste the report.txt
for my review