Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird virus??? (Remote access/WIN32.Worm/file virus/SHUTDOWN.exe PLEASE HELP)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasterLeague64

MasterLeague64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

OK i just got into the Econo Lodge hotel i got my computer and i started to realize it would keep getting hot. So sometimes it would crash or go into hibernation. But now its worse the computer keeps shutting down like in sleep mode where the screen dims and the wireless button becomes red accept now it shuts off is my harddrive shot or is there a remote accesser or worm in this. Let me note i do download ROMS and emulators but are these the cause. Even when my computer is just 34 or 48 degrees Faranheit it will do shall i call it a "sleep-mode shutdown" is this my BIOS doing a fail-safe worm by someone or is my hard-drive shot or is someone invading my computer and infecting it or remotely hacking and shutting it off with a .BAT i should also tell you i am in Safe Mode with Networking while i post this and my computer is Windows 7 Ultimate bought in 2007 and upgraded to Win7 2009.

Thank you. Ryan

- I will post a log as soon as i get a reply with what to do.

EDIT: I also get my ROMs from Emuparadise.com and since i use a hotel wireless access point i get a lot of pop-ups.

Edited by MasterLeague64, 20 October 2010 - 05:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

My guess is your computer is getting to hot and being shutdown to protect it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users