Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm New Here; Otherwise "Old"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 railroadbill

railroadbill

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hello,

I just posted my first problem question on the forum. I am a reasonably competent pc user, but no geek - got my first home pc in 1986. It used DOS 2.XX, had a whopping 10 meg hard drive, 5" floppy, and a monochrome monitor. Anyone here go back that far? It was kind of fun back then because I could tailer my start up page by creating my own batch files. No pictures, no mouse; and the closest thing to graphics was the ability to draw lines. Boy, have the times changed. I have evolved (or is it devolved?) from having full control over the pc and it's software to the feeling of little control. Once Windows arrived I felt like I was along for the ride. And still do.

Just in case you have not figured it out I am a retiree and closer to 70 than 60 yrs old. Seems I frequently have pc-type questions that need answering, so I plan to be posting here often.

Guess I better get back to work on my Commodore 64 - to see if I can run Windows 7 on it (just kidding!!!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 revglen

revglen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:18 AM

I'm living proof that you can teach an "old" dog new tricks! Thanks for having me on your forum!

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hello revglen
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 elcask

elcask

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hello has all the community, thank you for having me to accept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users