Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think MY Computer Is Infected, Please Help!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 countrytechdesign

countrytechdesign

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

My computer is constantly running the fan on high for short as well as long periods of time, it is really annoying, yet the case remains cool to the touch, so I don't believe that the computer really is overheating!

I have been infected before, and so I decided to format my hard drive and upgrade to windows 7 from Windows Vista. I thought that would fix the problem, well it didn't!
What ever is controlling this system keeps coming back, and I'm afraid that at some point my CPU fan will stop working.

I have Microsoft Security Esssentials
Malware Bytes, Spybot Search & Destroy installed

Are there any infections that can control your CPU fan speed,a nd cause it to run on high?

I really need help in resolving this!

I really don't want to have to reformat and start over again!

Thanks,

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 October 2010 - 04:47 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 countrytechdesign

countrytechdesign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

Moderator a.k.a. "Orange Blossom",

I have not had any replies to my request, so I took my system into Fry's and had a new CPU fan put in.

It seems to have fixed the problem. I was disappointed that no-one wanted to help me:( :thumbsup:

Also, I have no idea where my post was moved to, in the future you might want to let the original poster know where its located, and how to get find it!

Moved to "All"? Where is All? I search everywhere I could think of, and also did a search for All, "no results found"

Oh well, maybe if I have another problem in the future I might come back for help...

Anyway, Please remove me from the topic list

Thanks,

countrytechdesign

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Sorry for the delayed response but staff members are all volunteers who assist other members as well as you when time permits. Unfortunately, this means sometimes a topic thread will get overlooked when requests for assistance get backed up and not that no one wanted to help.

In fact, it I had seen his topic earlier, my first suggestion would have been to replace the CPU fan as I do not know any malware which can actually control the speed of a fan. Anyway, glad to hear doing that resolved the issue and we hope you return back to BC.

As for moving your topic. I suspect the problem was due to the recent board update. Prior to that when a topic was moved a redirect link was left behind. Now we have to check a box to ensure that happens so its a matter of everyone learning and getting use to new features/procedures.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 countrytechdesign

countrytechdesign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

HI quietman7,

I thank you for responding to my issue.

Sorry, if I seemed unappreciative, that was not my intention.

I was just frustrated and not hearing back, added disappointment to the mix of feelings I was already expressing.

Basically, It was being in the "wrong place at the wrong time"!

Please don't think I'm some self centered impatient jerk, because I'm not

I'm actually really outgoing and fun guy, "Type A" personality all the way!

I thnkits great that people donate their time to help their fellow man out!

I will keep this in mind for future reference.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

countrytechdesign

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

I can certainly understand the frustration when one's computer goes awry and you can't get help so I did not consider your reply as unappreciative. That's why I took the time to respond and say I hope you return to BC.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users