Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen on Splash Screen and following problems.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ryano1

Ryano1

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

My pc earlier decided to Blue screen on the splash screen and restart many times over. I tried starting in safe mode, didnt work, left it for an hour and then safe mode asked if i should continue trying to run sptd.sys which i did (think its a daemon tools driver, of which i've uninstalled daemon tools ages ago and have uninstalled with the daemontools tool thats available after the rootkit scan), i did a sophos rootkit scan and it came up as an unknown hidden file.

My computer is doing some things it never has like deleting most files from a folder when i want it to but not others and then saying it cant delete the folder as it isnt full. It also told me earlier that a drive had been externally altered. Any ideas.

I'm paranoid about rootkits and viruses but this seems to be an xp problem.

Also, it sounds like the pc's running flat out when it isnt on occasions, I used process explorer to check that!

Edited by hamluis, 20 October 2010 - 03:39 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users