Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why On Icq Are Ppl Contacting Me?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lostcause

lostcause

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

I use ICQ a lot and really only chat with people who I know. It seems everytime I log on now there is somebody with a new number trying to contact me. They are people who say they know me but I am 100% sure they don't. They send messages and ask for authorization to be my friend. It seems as though it is maybe a handful of the same people who get new accounts..

MY question is are they just ICQ users who are being nuisance or are they hackers trying to get my personal information??

I have had problems with being infected with spyware in the past and I was wondering if that had anything to do with it?

some help would be appreciated.... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:42 PM

You may want to check your profile and be sure your e-mail address and anyother personal info isn't showing. If ya don't know them either block them or just ignor them.
This is a form of phising and can lead to spaming or worse. A number of viruses are being spread thru IM.

#3 lostcause

lostcause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

What exactly is phising??? And even if I would start to talk to them what would they actually do? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users