Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 3boysmom

3boysmom

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi! I am having a redirect problem. Every time I search using Google and click on a link, it redirects me to a site other than the one I clicked on. I have followed several suggestions that I found online but none have helped the problem. At one point after trying several things, I couldn’t connect to the internet at all, I couldn’t do a restore and I couldn’t turn my firewall on and keep getting some error after every restart. After searching online (with hubby’s computer) it seemed that downloading or reinstalling (sorry if my terms are not correct) the winsock might help and it did. I’m back online now but still having the redirect problem. Then I found your website and am hoping someone here can help.

I’ve ran Hitman Pro 3.5.7 which detected some cookies that it deleted and also “401Comupd.exe”
C:\windows\system32\
which it labeled as “suspicious” and didn’t delete.

I’ve also ran----- Malwarebytes and I don’t recall if it found anything the first time but the last 2 times I ran it, it found nothing------ Ad-aware which detected a high level security threat and removed it-----Spybot detected nothing----Avira antivirus found 4 things that were quarantined ----and TDSSkiller (renamed) which found nothing.

I’m running Avira antivirus and Zonealarm and have Windows XP Home edition Version 2002, SP3.

Not sure what other info might be helpful. Please let me know and be as detailed as possible....as you can probably tell from my post, I’m not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to these types of issues with computers …… but I can follow directions.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Edited by 3boysmom, 21 October 2010 - 09:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users