Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can`t believe it

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 John Bull

John Bull

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

It is only the middle of October and my TV is already showing Christmas adverts.

Do we have to be reminded so early of this imminent Apocalypse of enormous expense and undiluted indulgence in an extravaganza of hypercritical mayhem and mind boggling display of destructive civilised behaviour ?

The whole thing is a contemporary miscarriage of an event that used to be a traditional and beautiful mid-Winter festivity.

When we are enjoying Christmas in our drunken stupor, cast a thought to all those Bankers and Financial poker players enjoying their Christmas dinner at the local Hilton paying $1,000 per head and thinking of all the millions of people like us they have ripped off to afford it.

Still, look on the bright side, dear old Granny will love those bars of useless perfumed shower soap you bought her just as much as you will love those useless table mats somebody bought you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ridernyc

Ridernyc

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

It is only the middle of October and my TV is already showing Christmas adverts.

Do we have to be reminded so early of this imminent Apocalypse of enormous expense and undiluted indulgence in an extravaganza of hypercritical mayhem and mind boggling display of destructive civilised behaviour ?

The whole thing is a contemporary miscarriage of an event that used to be a traditional and beautiful mid-Winter festivity.

When we are enjoying Christmas in our drunken stupor, cast a thought to all those Bankers and Financial poker players enjoying their Christmas dinner at the local Hilton paying $1,000 per head and thinking of all the millions of people like us they have ripped off to afford it.

Still, look on the bright side, dear old Granny will love those bars of useless perfumed shower soap you bought her just as much as you will love those useless table mats somebody bought you.

I can't believe it, it's only the middle of October and someone is already complaining about Christmas adverts.

#3 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

I can't believe it, it's only the middle of October and someone is already complaining about Christmas adverts.

Since the complaint is about the earliness of the adverts, complaining on, say, December the 20th would make no sense. :thumbsup:

#4 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

There's already Christmas stuff at the store I go to...I think more Christmas stuff that Halloween stuff, besides candy bags. :thumbsup:

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

#5 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Went to a local chain store last week with my wife. Was admiring all the Chinese made Christmas decor. Noticed that they have the Halloween merchandise on clearance. I suppose since it probably was out since July it was time to move on. Suggested that maybe we should put up our artificial tree now. We could decorate it for Halloween, Then move on to a Thanksgiving theme until we transition into Christmas.Just got one of those looks.. :thumbsup:

#6 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

^I would have laughed.

At least I don't work at one of those places that plays those x-mas songs ad-nauseum, that's the part of it I hate the most. That and all the Salvation Army bell ringers at grocery stores. I know it's for charity but they are still very annoying.

It used to be they didn't start cramming it down everyone's throat until thanksgiving. So much for the good old days, anything for a buck now.

#7 castoffpolite

castoffpolite

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

Went to a local chain store last week with my wife. Was admiring all the Chinese made Christmas decor. Noticed that they have the Halloween merchandise on clearance. I suppose since it probably was out since July it was time to move on. Suggested that maybe we should put up our artificial tree now. We could decorate it for Halloween, Then move on to a Thanksgiving theme until we transition into Christmas.Just got one of those looks.. :thumbsup:

My husband is of the same mind. LOL

#8 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

guilty

I already started buying Christmas presents last week.. :thumbsup:

#9 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Went to a local chain store last week with my wife. Was admiring all the Chinese made Christmas decor. Noticed that they have the Halloween merchandise on clearance. I suppose since it probably was out since July it was time to move on. Suggested that maybe we should put up our artificial tree now. We could decorate it for Halloween, Then move on to a Thanksgiving theme until we transition into Christmas.Just got one of those looks.. :flowers:

I like it! :thumbsup: During spring and summer the tree could always be moved outside to help beautify the yard. :inlove:

But would get the same :trumpet: from the wife.

#10 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

I like it! :thumbsup: During spring and summer the tree could always be moved outside to help beautify the yard. :trumpet:

But would get the same :flowers: from the wife.

I have found that the lights can be a real pain to maintain.

Especially around April.

You might want to consider swapping out the lights every few months.

#11 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

Go LED. They last forever. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users