Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nework and internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Popey

Popey

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hi Everyone,
Two days ago I bought a new network card and when I installed the network card; strange things started happening. I set up all my computers using the network set up wizard and everything looks just fine, but after a few minutes; I canít browse the internet and Iím looking for the problem but everything seems fine. The two network cards are connected but, I still canít browse the internet however sometimes; I get the internet connection, but only for a couple minutes and after that the internet loses connection again.
The connection between the computers and the internet for my computers are as followed:
I have two network cards installed on my computer; the first is an onboard LAN connection.

My ADSL modem is connected directly to my computer on an onboard LAN connection, (Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection. The second card is connected to a Netgear switch and thatís how the other computers can get online.
The product details for the network card are as follows:
The new network card is, (TRENDNET, TEG-PCITXR 32-bit 10/100/1000 Mbps Adapter).
TP-LINK. GIGBIT ETHERNET ADAPTER
The Model No: TG-3269/TG-3201.
So this is my two network cards that are installed in my computer.
But I found out that if I disabled my network card, (TRENDNET, TEG-PCITXR 32-bit 10/100/1000 Mbps Adapter) I can go online with my computer and no internet connection problems at all, but when I enable the new network card the problem starts over again.
I am using Windows XP SP3.
If anyone can help me solve this problem then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HighDesertBum

HighDesertBum

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Could you give the product information regarding your modem? Is this the configuration you were running before you installed the new network card?

#3 Popey

Popey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hi HighDesertBum

Thanks for fast reply.
My ADSL modem is 2Wire The Model Number:2071-A. Yes this is the same configuration.
The strange thing is when I disable the new network card everithing runa just fine, but when I enable the network card I lose internet connection instantly. It's very starnge connection problem.
Just to let you know, I'm from Australia and was wondering if this has an effect on my problem.
Thanks in advance you try to helping me.

#4 Popey

Popey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

The problem is solved, thanks guys it was just a faulty network card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users