Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy everyone!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dorkmaster

Dorkmaster

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

Nothing exciting or amazing, but since the site told me to (I'm a sucker for politeness) I'm posting an introduction. I came here with an issue, but I'll leave that where it is in the appropriate thread..

Anyway, yeah I'm Dorkmaster. Real name is Larry, but it is the internet, so...yeah.

I love video games (though I'm a parent of 2, soon to be 3, so I'm broke and when I do have money it's not for games, so I live vicariously through gaming podcasts to keep current).

I love podcasts! Current faves:

GiantBombcast - Gaming
Escape Pod - SciFi audio short stories
The Moth Podcast - more stories, but real-life and short too
RebelFM - gaming
Irrational Behavior/Interviews - Gaming
A Life Well Wasted - (Think "This American Life" for gamers)
This American Life - general coolness
Scam School - bar tricks/scams/magic (Video podcast!)
RadioLab - science in a cool way

Anyway, that's a sampling (I have about 5-10 more, but I'm already being long-winded)

Soooo... yeah, told you pretty much everything interesting (pretty sad, actually, that it's reduced to one post, come to think of it) but yeah, that's the life of a Dorkmaster. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I have a blog that hasn't been written in, since forever, at otakudad.com But seriously, don't visit. It's old and dumb. :flowers:

Hi everyone! :trumpet:

-Dorkmaster (Larry)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lostkause

lostkause

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

Im new here 2. Had a prob...these guys and gals really got on top of it and helped me through it.
If you read the forums there are alot of people with BAD problems that they have helped.
So you at the right place..
Oh buy the way read you intro....im broke too.....lol
Nice 2 meech ya
Lostkause

Edited by lostkause, 20 October 2010 - 01:15 AM.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Welcome to BC and thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Dorkmaster

Dorkmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the "Hello"s! :thumbsup:

Question for ya... I know everyone's busy and stuff gets complicated quick here.

So my question is how long should I wait before (or should I never) bump a topic? It's only been a day so I'm not freaking out, but I'm also more than 3 pages deep with my topic, and no one has responded. What's the standard turnaround time for a topic to at least be replied to? (I've posted in the "Am I Infected?" page)

-L

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

It may be that your reply to your own post indicated to the people helping in that Forum that someone else was helping you, so no one took up your problem.

I will add the information in your reply to the original post and delete your additional reply, and do an "internal bump" to make everyone aware of the problem.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 22 October 2010 - 08:01 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Dorkmaster

Dorkmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

Thanks so much! I apologize for the double post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users