Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Text with green tinge on Asus monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mbdelong

mbdelong

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

I just bought a new Asus VH242H monitor. Everything is great about it, except that it displays black text, especially text that is small, with green and red tinges. Some of the letters are almost totally green or red. If I increase the text size to a large enough size, it finally turns all black. Is this common to all larger LCD monitors, or is mine possibly defective?

I have the latest drivers, and it happens with two different video cards and many different resolutions, including the native 1920x1080.

Mike

Edited by mbdelong, 19 October 2010 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mbdelong

mbdelong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

OK, I just figured it out - maybe this will help someone else. Along with the new computer I built, I also installed Windows 7, which comes with ClearType turned on. This adds colored sub-pixels to small text to help it be more readable. Some people are more sensitive to seeing the green and red colors than other people. I turned ClearType off, and the colored tinge went away.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for posting your solution!
I certainly would nto have thought of it

Hopefully it will help someone in the future
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users