Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Wireless Network Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 redqueenie

redqueenie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

I've been having problems with my wireless network disconnecting since I got my laptop last week.

I always lose connection when it goes into sleep, hibernation mode or if I lock my laptop and log in at a later time. I think it's also started dropping when I'm afk or idling. My network gets a limited connect message and if I disconnect and try to reconnect, I get a message saying that Windows can't detect any networks. Disabling and then enabling the wireless network adapter doesn't work as at this point, trying to re-enable the adapter doesn't work. Checking the adapter under the Device Manager shows that "the device cannot start". I've also tried uninstalling and installing the driver for the network adapter, restarting my router, disabling my firewall, disabling the power settings on the adapter, almost everything I've read about on this issue and so far hasn't had a lasting effect.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 7551-2575 and it has a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adaptor if it helps.

Edit: I've just stumbled across a new trick. Before going into sleep/hibernation/etc., turn off your wireless. For me that's pressing FN+F3. Then when you log back in, turn it back on!

Edited by redqueenie, 20 October 2010 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users