Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirected to google-analytics/gugle.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tkw

Tkw

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:42 AM

Everytime I try to click on a link from a google search, I get directed to google-analytics and it hangs up. I also have random pages pop up at other sites, many of them start with gugle.com or something similiar. I've had this problem for a little bit. Tried running TDDskiller, and it found a rootkit problem, cured it, but the issue is still there.

On another note, for some reason Chrome is failing to initialize as of yesterday. I don't know if this is related or not.

Possibly related, but the avast! I just downloaded keeps giving me a warning about

Infection: URL:Mal
Action: Blocked
Process: c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe

Anyway, I tried running DDS. It runs, then apparently seems to hang up and doesn't produce a log file. I turned off avast! shields during this time, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Tried a Gmer log and I get a windows error that it stops working.

:

Got a GMER log finally

Attached File  ark.txt   4.88KB   1 downloads

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

Edited by Budapest, 22 October 2010 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Copy-paste following contents into custom scan -area:
    netsvcs
    drivers32
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:17 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. Should you have same or a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users