1. McAfee alerted to something. Details were as follows:
Rule Type: Registry
I checked the box to block changes to registry. This happend at approx. 6pm CDT
2. At approx 7:30pm I used google search and got redirect to the "spam" site
3. I immediately ran a quick scan with McAfee - It detected nothing
4. I immediately ran a through scan - It detected nothing
5. I used google search and got redirected
6. I rebooted and hit F8, i restored to Sat Oct 16th, 2010.
7. I used google search and got redirected
8. I went to another computer in my home, searched for redirecting problems and found info on ROOTKIT virus/trojan and link to AnalogX
9. Installed AnalogX with the following extentions: .VBS,.VBE,.JS,.JSE,.HTA,.WSF,.WSH,.SHS,.SHB
10. I used google search and go redirected
11. Used other computer again, found link to Sophos
12. Installed Sophos Anit-Rootkit, ran scan. Found only files in the Restore directory and advised NOT to remove them
13. I used google search and got redirected
13. Can here and started telling you my story.
I think thats it. Here is some info on my machine in case thats nessesary.
Windows XP Pro v 2002 with SP3
Internet Explorer 8
Intel® Core 2
1.99GB of Ram
Thanks for anything you can do!!
Edited by hamluis, 19 October 2010 - 01:45 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.