Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal hard drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rwhutch

rwhutch

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

I have toshiba laptop, OS-win.xp with a virus. I started to format the hdd with windows xp cd,and changed my mine after 10% was formated. Now when I reinsert same cd I get Black screen "Error Loading Operating System". Please Help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Once you start the format, you have to finish it-stopping halfway through just ends up in some data-usually the most important stuff being erased. If theres stuff you want off it, you may be able to recover it using a linux Live CD, but in the end your going to have to start all over and reformat the entire computer start to finish. If you want to get data off it, download a live CD such as Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download, burn it to a bootable DVD and insert it in your optical drive, and follow on screen directions to boot up off the DVD. It runs off your optical drive and memory, no installation required, from there you can download any files not corrupted or erased from your hard drive to a USB drive or transfer it to another computer via network.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users