Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton 360 Detecting Intrusion Attempt

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pepsican

pepsican

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

As the title states, intrusions attempts have been detecting by Norton 360. Even though I paid good money for a license for 3 computers, I do not necessarily trust Norton. There are two computers allowed access to my wireless internet. I would like to verify both computers are safe and would appreciate assistance beginning with my main computer (the one my bank account is accessed through as well as any purchases via internet).

Intrusion Protection: HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant 13

Attacker URL: noitalterm.com/ff/index.php?s=IBBJM which was destined for internet explorer.

Because I frequent facebook, I am hoping for confirmation that my system is clean.

OS is Windows 7.... how can I get the process started? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

This is Mike from the Norton Support Team.

This message indicates that Norton 360 is doing it's job by protecting your computer against a threat. To verify that your computers do not have any infections, complete a Full System Scan with Norton 360 on all of your computers. If any intrusion attempts or threats are found, Norton 360 wil notify you. You may also want to try using an alternative browser to IE for better security.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users