Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Error Category 102 Event 1003 Win XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Unplugged09

Unplugged09

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

First off let me thank everyone on this forum, I am a long time reader first time poster and your support has been priceless to me and my friends thanks in advance for help with this particular topic.

My friends computer was given to me to fix with a blue screen that read:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A problem has been detected
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Check to make sure hard/software is properly installed
Disable newly installed hard/software
Suggests disabling BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing
***STOP:0x0000000A (0xDA56C92E, 0x00000001, 0x00000000, 0x80502BC0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started the computer in safe mode and uninstalled some questionable yahoo type games that she had on her system and ran Norton Anti-virus, PC Bug Doctor, NoAdware, CCleaner, Glary Registry Repair and fixed and deleted all of the appropriate results.
Checking the event viewer I found:
System Error Category 102 Event 1003
Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 f77be371, parameter3 f79dda4c, parameter4 f79dd748.
I am currently on this computer with Windows started normally and everything seems to be fine, my questions are
What do these errors mean?
Do you think that I have fixed them?
How would I go about fixing/diagnosing them?
Do I need to install new Memory?
Gateway MX6426 Notebook
AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology ML-40
2.19GHz
960MB of RAM (54% Utilized) ...two 512MB DDR SDOMI 333MHz
80GB HDD
BIOS: GATEWA - 20060124 Rev 1.0
Windows XP Media Center Edition

Again thank you for all of your time and consideration.

-Chase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users