Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AStone8

AStone8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

A few days ago I noticed i was getting redirected when I was doing Google searches and didn't know why. I started to research it and found out what the problem is, as you all probably know by now, and I have tried to remedy it myself but can't seem to get anything to work. I downloaded Malware bytes, but when I click on the icon it won't open. I was able to download Panda Cloud and search but that did work. Ad-ware didn't do it and Spybot won't open either. I tried to download Super Anti-spyware and when I hit run nothing happens. Then I thought I would try Combofix and follow the tutorial on this forum, even though I don't think I am supposed to do it on my own but it doesn't matter becuase that too will not run when I click on the run button. So I am kind of stuck here.

I am OK with computers but in no way a computer guy. Need things in simple easy to follow form please.

Appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

Have you tried logging in thru Safe Mode and running Malwarebytes? That's what I would do. To get in to Safe Mode reboot the computer and then start pressing the F8 key. You should then see a black screen giving you the option to start in Safe Mode. Select Safe Mode with Networking and then try running the Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy.

Edited by azfreetech, 18 October 2010 - 05:15 PM.

DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

You could also try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 AStone8

AStone8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Ok I think I have been able to figure it out. This is what worked for me, I hope it works for others.

First thing is if Malware bytes or Super Antispyware isn't opening up for you after you download it, just go to the file where you downloaded it to and rename it. I used killallMB and killallSAS. Once they were renamed they open up and I was able to run them with ease. But these two programs were not what worked although they did find some infected files and my computer is running better.

Follow the link above that is for the tdsskiller. IT WORKED! it was fast, easy and unlike everything else, actually worked.

Thank you for that link, that is what everyone should try first.

Edited by AStone8, 18 October 2010 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users