Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SecurityTool and Google Redirect - HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dividedasone

dividedasone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

I'm having a bit of an issue here...

I was doing some research on Google (on obesity and depression) and out of no-where I start receiving messages in my system tray that I have all these infected files, eventually got the "blue screen of death" - yada yada yada - and after much research (forced to be done on my Blackberry), learned it was the SecurityTool virus.

I ran rkill, Malware-Bytes, CCleaner, Norton, TDSSKiller, and Ad-Aware with no success. I was able to trace the file location and delete the file, which in turn, got rid of SecurityTool...

HOWEVER...

I tried logging into YouTube and got "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." So I went to Google to try and log-in and it gives me the same message. So, naturally, I tried to search for a solution (on Google). When I click on the link I'm redirected by "www.searchbenefits71.com" which in turn re-directs me to various sites every time. Whenever I click on "Search Settings" in the top right hand corner of Google, it just reloads the Google home page.

So I pull out my nifty little Blackberry again to search Google for different solutions...The results instructed me to try Win32/Olmarik, TDSSKiller, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, BlackLight, Stinger by McAfee (which found Artemis!CE373E4A4427 trojan), PLUS I re-ran all the previous things I've mentioned, and nothing...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...is working.

I'm becoming very frustrated and I have to wonder if this re-direct virus is somehow related to the SecurityTool Virus. It's keeping me from logging into Google and into YouTube (which is powered by Google, so this makes sense).

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance...

BTW, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hello, looks like an embedded rootkit.
We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users