Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JStygar

JStygar

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

I am running a Dell Dimension 2300 I believe. I ran devmgmt.msc. Under Sound, Video, Game Controllers the list is

Audio Codecs - This device is working properly.
Legacy Audio Drivers - This device is working properly.
Legacy Video Capture Devices - This device is working properly.
Media Control Devices - This device is working properly.
Video Codecs - This device is working properly.

I have also visited the Dell website and downloaded the driver for audio and restarted my computer, but still no sound.

Edited by hamluis, 18 October 2010 - 10:14 AM.
Split from different topic ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

You need to be certain...what the system is...when attempting to install drivers.

Your detail for Device Manager does not reflect proper install of an audio driver...which means that you should have no sound capability until the proper driver is installed.

The Dell website facilitates proper install of drivers, but it cannot facilitate your proper identification of what system you have.

Louis

#3 JStygar

JStygar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

I tried once again to install the audio drivers from the Dell website and it didn't work, it just saved it to my documents again. After thinking about it for a moment I decided to go to the file it was saved in and open it. Wham! It unzipped and downloaded like a charm. My audio now works! Thanks bleepingcomputer for having such a wonderful site to address my computer issues to. And a big thanks to everyone for helping me through my computer problems.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

Any drivers which are in .zip format...have to be opened and placed in a folder...for Windows to detect such.

Most Dell drivers I have downloaded...come in .exe format, where simple double-clicking on the downloaded file installs it.

Glad you were able to resolve it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users