Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lap top

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 madmikey

madmikey

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

Anyone know where I can buy a empty lap top (virgin) meaning no program in it ??Reason is I want to put my own programs in it and don't want to pay for programs I'm never gonna use.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

Define no programs on it? do you mean no Operating system, or no extra programs like Norton or microsoft office?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 madmikey

madmikey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

No extra programs or even no programs

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

Most of your laptops will come with Windows 7, you need an OS to operate, which includes items such as windows firewall and basic word processing. Most even come with trial software, which you don't pay for and expire after x amount of days unless you do pay for them. So along those lines, most computers rarely have extra programs you pay for-the only real thing you pay for is the operating system, which is next to impossible to purchase a laptop without one. Desktops you would pretty much have to build it yourself. Sorry.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 toop4

toop4

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

Most of your laptops will come with Windows 7, you need an OS to operate, which includes items such as windows firewall and basic word processing. Most even come with trial software, which you don't pay for and expire after x amount of days unless you do pay for them. So along those lines, most computers rarely have extra programs you pay for-the only real thing you pay for is the operating system, which is next to impossible to purchase a laptop without one. Desktops you would pretty much have to build it yourself. Sorry.

There are some as in very few, computers that do come with Ubuntu right out of the box. Hard to find, and aren't any cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users