Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus, Windows Vista 64-bit. Please help me :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 striker1111

striker1111

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

Hello everyone.

I completely erased my original post because my problem has since been resolved and I did not want to occupy a staff member's time when they could be helping other folks out there. My second post explains what helped me fix my redirect virus problem.

Thanks!

Edited by striker1111, 18 October 2010 - 01:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 striker1111

striker1111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

UPDATE!!!

I do not mean to advertise here or anything but I just wanted to mention that I stumbled upon a program that FIXED my redirect problem.

It is called Hitman Pro 3.5 which I downloaded off CNET. It scanned my laptop in 3 minutes and classified the actions that were needed in about 2 minutes then after performing the actions and one reboot later...VOILA!!! No more redirecting :)

I do not guarantee that this will fix anyone else's problem out there but it is worth a shot, my laptop got infected with it around 5-6 am and it took me hours of research to finally get it working around 2:00pm.

Please post back and let me know if this helped you.

Also, you can download the program for a 30 day free trial and I was able to perform all the actions to eliminate the viruses.

Thanks!

I hope I was able to help someone out there!!!

Edited by striker1111, 18 October 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users