Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ahoy!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j48vdloo

j48vdloo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

Two options, as I see it:

a) Keelhaul myself in recrimination for not having been more careful to avoid contracting the dreaded "hijacked browser" disease!
:thumbsup: Admit immediate wretched defeat in pursuing the notion that I'll just Google the answer and plod my way though this insufferable dilemma on my own!

Even a single-handed sailor may need to broadcast a MAYDAY!!! once in a while, grateful that there is a community such as this out there willing to throw a life-ring.

Cheers
J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining!
The Internet sea is full of pirates, shoals, and icebergs.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 j48vdloo

j48vdloo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

Thanks, John. It's those deadheads not on the charts that scare me.

So far have installed Ad-Aware, Spywareblaster, Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Cannot open Spybot in either normal or safe modes, whether as Administrator or not, nor with mouse detached and using the cursor pad through Program Files. Can update until the cows come home; nothing else.

This response done in Safe Mode.

Any course you can suggest?

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users