Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need My Hijack This Log Analyzed.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joedonahue

joedonahue

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:05 AM

You guys did a great job of cleaning up my slow computer before. It has slowed down again, mostly online, and I'm running AOL 9.05. It looks like it is constantly doing unnecessary work. I have run hijackthis. I e-mails a log to bleepingcomputer but got no response. Please let me know how to get this new log analyzed. Thank you.
joedonahue

Edited by KoanYorel, 19 November 2005 - 04:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:08 AM

To post an HJT log please read the 'Preparation Guide' before posting to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html
:thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 19 November 2005 - 03:08 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Elysium1298

Elysium1298

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:00 PM

Just go to the link below, is fast and simple. I hope it helps.
http://hjt.iamnotageek.com/

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:02 AM

Elysium1298 - Bleeping Computer is a site whose main aim is helping people with computer problems, one facet of which is the HJT Forum where you can get trained, expert, one on one, step-by-step assistance in removing malware from your computer through analysis of your HJT logs. So for your first post here you advise someone to get their log analysed at a different site?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 joedonahue

joedonahue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:25 AM

Elysium1298 - Bleeping Computer is a site whose main aim is helping people with computer problems, one facet of which is the HJT Forum where you can get trained, expert, one on one, step-by-step assistance in removing malware from your computer through analysis of your HJT logs. So for your first post here you advise someone to get their log analysed at a different site?

I got my log parsed at the site you suggested. I remeber when I did this once before there was a bunch of checkable blocks to get rid of problems. This time there were no red files, but a bunch of purple ones. What should be my next step. Seach for the file and delete it?

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:49 AM

joedonahue - We ask members to post HJT logs to our HJT Forum http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html after reading the Preparation Guide.
Make a new log and post it there.

You are asked not to post a log in any other forum and members who are not part of the HJT Team are NOT to offer advice regarding logs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users