Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ask for password?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Faivon

Faivon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:05 AM

Hi,

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate and my other mate is using Win XP SP2. When I tried to connect to his computer, it asked for password even though he didn't set any password.
Any help here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 k_woodhouse

k_woodhouse

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

What do you mean connect to his computer? Through a local area network or the internet?

#3 Faivon

Faivon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Through LAN.
That's when I type \\192.168.1.xx in the windows explorer to try to connect to his computer.

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

Is that to share files, access his hard drive, remote assistance, remote desktop, or what?

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

That is a built in security feature. Even when no password has been set for the PC being connected to. Remote Desktop will prompt for one as well.

#6 Faivon

Faivon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:47 AM

@NPaMA : Remote Desktop, me think.

@ThunderZ : But the other computer can be connected without any password prompt. There's only a few computer that ask for password that has actually no password.

#7 k_woodhouse

k_woodhouse

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

I don't really know much about this problem, but have you tried just pressing enter without actually typing a password? It has worked for me in a different situation. Otherwise, you could try setting a password on the machine you're connecting to?

Just suggestions, but they may be a simple solution to your problem. Let us know if anything happens. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users