Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascript Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 haunteddbcom

haunteddbcom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:07 AM

Hello. I am having a problem with my Java online. I had a virus on my computer. I tried to use Norman to remove the virus but it wanted to delete the infected files. It deleted the first file before I could stop it. I'm not sure what the file was that was deleted. I downloaded a differnet virus cleaner program that fixed my problems and restored all my files.

Since then my Java has not worked. I use Yahoo email and I cannot delete email or forward any. For an example I went to download.com. Normally when you do a search for software it offers an expanded view on the search but when I click on it nothing happens. I redownloaded Java onto my computer but it does not help. Do you have any suggestions? Could it be the file that was deleted with the first virus scan? If so, do you have any idea what the file name could be that I could download?

Also since I've had the problem with the Java, when I go into my START menu (I have Windows 98) and select a program, the program does not always start. Sometimes a box surrounds the START menu and then I cannot access any programs that I have minimized. I don't know what to do!

With my browser, I just downloaded the Internet Exployer 6 to see if the problem would fix itself but it didn't, when I go into Yahoo mail it says my browser does not allow redirects. It does the same thing using eBay. When I try doing a search in Yahoo I get - Sorry, Bad Request. Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand - error message. I've never had this problem or any other problems before. Could they all be related?

Sorry for a lot of questions. I know some computer fixes but not that much. Thank you for any help or suggestions!

Eric

Edited by haunteddbcom, 19 November 2005 - 12:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users