Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell A940 Printer Driver Installation for XP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gusgus910

gusgus910

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have tried numerous times to download this driver from Dell with no success! Is there somewhere else I can get the A940 printer driver without paying for it? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

What happens exactly?

You are attempting to d\l from HERE. Correct?

#3 gusgus910

gusgus910
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Thanks ThunderZ for the quick reply! I have been to that site before, but the download instructions were in Spanish and I have never done this before and that's where I am now! I finally got the instructions on downloading, but I understand that I have to uninstall the old driver first, and I don't have instructions on how do that. Can you help me with that? Thank you.
gusgus910

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Knowing your operating system would help. But, you should be able to go into the Add\remove programs. Find the Dell printer\driver program. Select it and select remove\uninstall. It will probably display a warning and or ask you to verify removal. OK it and allow it to remove the program and drivers.

I would then turn off the PC. Disconnect the printers cable from your PC. Leave the power cord form the printer to the wall outlet plugged in. Restart the computer. Double click the downloaded printer program file. Allow it to start the install. At some point it should prompt you to plug in the cable I had you disconnect. With the printer turned on, do so. Let it finish.

You should be all set. If you have any problems please be sure to post back and we will get them figured out.

#5 gusgus910

gusgus910
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Thanks ThunderZ
Because of you I got my printer working again!!! Now I have another problem for you and as soon as I find what the proper forum to ask it under, I will post it!
Thanks again.
gusgus910

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the update.

You`r :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic