Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: driver irql not less or equal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 omnimage

omnimage

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

eMachines Netbook em250
Intel Atom, CPU N270@1.60ghz, 1gb RAM
Windows XP Home Edition 2002 with SP3 (also, .net framework 3.5 sp1)

Hi Last week, I was in the middle of reading a gmail in Firefox and got a Blue Screen Of Death with the following technical information. Computer restarts and crashes with same error shortly after windows loads (also during user login screen if I wait long enough), unless operating in Safe Mode which I am currently working with.

BSOD:
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
*** Stop: ojwmmc.sys - address F754ECCB base at F754a000, datestamp 4c906e35

System search results for instances of "OJWMMC":

Driver: ojwmmc.sys 0xf754a000 (File Type Unknown)
Directory: C:\windows\system32\drivers

Registry Entries:
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\Services\ojwmmc (Cannot open ojwmmc: error while opening key)
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\Services\ojwmmc (Cannot open ojwmmc: error while opening key)
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset003\Services\ojwmmc (Cannot open ojwmmc: error while opening key)
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset004\Services\ojwmmc (Cannot open ojwmmc: error while opening key)

my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\Currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_ojwmm c\

my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_ojwmmc
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_ojwmmc\00 00 (Service, REG_SZ, ojwmmc)
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_ojwmmc\00 00 (DeviceDesc, REG_SZ, ojwmmc)
my computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\enum\root\legacy_ojwmmc\00 00\Control (ActiveService, REG_SZ, ojwmmc)
(..etc..)

Device Manager Conflicts (Not sure if related?)
Intel 82891g (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D6
(X) Memory Range EE000000-F1FFFFFF : Used by motherboard resources (E0000000-EFFFFFFF)

When LEGACY directory showed up in my regedit search, I immediately thought to reinstall Realtek audio and video drivers, but that did not work. I uninstalled most unnecessary software that safe mode would allow, and did a driver check, but nothing appeared to need updates or repair. However, I still think there is something wrong with the Ojwmmc.sys (wtf is this? Google has nothing) driver because of that error while opening key..

And now after several days of working in safe mode to get this far with no problem, I got the same BSOD (after opening firefox, but this never happened in safe mode before ). Scared, and not sure of what I should/can do now. Help!

I also have a HijackThis report available upon request, but didn't see anything seemingly related in it to post with this first entry. Though, I wanted to note that I did have a virus about a month ago, which I am fairly sure was removed - but may be related to my current issue..?

Please let me know if there is any other information I can supply to help diagnose this problem, and sorry if I missed anything obvious.

Thanks, Mike

Edited by Budapest, 17 October 2010 - 08:35 PM.
Moved from XP ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

I see you had this problem a while. As it is most likely a Malware issue ...We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users