Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:10 PM
Hello, I have been having multiple issues with my computer (Windows XP) (This is my first post):
1. google searches redirecting
2. ads popping up in new windows upon entering ie (my homepage is msn)
3. receiving error messages stating ie needs to close (usually after I close an ad page that was in a new window)
4. receiving "generic host process for Win 32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close" error messages
5. sound devices often disabled
6. Start button toolbar (and help and options buttons) sometimes turn beige instead of the normal blue
I have VIPRE Antivirus, which has been disabled (my scanner is scheduled and it no longer notifies me when a scan has started, and when I run a deep scan, it finds threats, but does not clean them)
I have run Malwarebytes twice, ATF cleaner, SuperAntiSpyware free edition, and ESET, however I am still infected.
After I ran Malwarebytes the first time and rebooted, I got a message saying:
Personal Settings - setting up
Personalized settings for : Silverlight
Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\brianna hopps\Application Data\Bitrix Security\xaukvmm60.dll
The specified module could not be found
(I clicked OK and I am mentioning this because it's the first time I've seen this message, and I don't know what Silverlight is)
I apologize for listing so many issues, I'm not sure if I should have broken them up.
Thank you in advance for your help.