Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google redirect virus infection - can't remove

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbreezee

cbreezee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hello, I have been having multiple issues with my computer (Windows XP) (This is my first post):
1. google searches redirecting
2. ads popping up in new windows upon entering ie (my homepage is msn)
3. receiving error messages stating ie needs to close (usually after I close an ad page that was in a new window)
4. receiving "generic host process for Win 32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close" error messages
5. sound devices often disabled
6. Start button toolbar (and help and options buttons) sometimes turn beige instead of the normal blue

I have VIPRE Antivirus, which has been disabled (my scanner is scheduled and it no longer notifies me when a scan has started, and when I run a deep scan, it finds threats, but does not clean them)

I have run Malwarebytes twice, ATF cleaner, SuperAntiSpyware free edition, and ESET, however I am still infected.

After I ran Malwarebytes the first time and rebooted, I got a message saying:
Personal Settings - setting up
Personalized settings for : Silverlight
Run DLL
Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\brianna hopps\Application Data\Bitrix Security\xaukvmm60.dll
The specified module could not be found
[OK]

(I clicked OK and I am mentioning this because it's the first time I've seen this message, and I don't know what Silverlight is)

I apologize for listing so many issues, I'm not sure if I should have broken them up.

Thank you in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 cbreezee

cbreezee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

So far, everything seems ok. I haven't been redirected to another site and I just got back on the internet. Thanks for your help, I'll make another post if another issue comes up or I am still infected. Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users