how did it not work as expected? It did still scan right?
Please upgrade your software next:
Your version of Adobe Reader is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Adobe components and update:
- Download the latest version of Adobe Reader Version 9.3. and save it to your desktop.
- Uncheck the "Free McAfee Security plan Plus" option or any other Toolbar you are offered
- Click the download button at the bottom.
- If you use Internet Explorer and do not wish to install the ActiveX element, simply click on the click here to download link on the next page.
- Remove all older version of Adobe Reader: Go to Add/remove and uninstall all versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat.
If you are unsure of how to use Add or Remove Programs, the please see this tutorial:How To Remove An Installed Program From Your Computer
- Then from your desktop double-click on Adobe Reader to install the newest version.
If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the "Adobe Setup - Welcome" window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
- Once the installation is finished, open Adobe Reader and accept the warranty if prompted.
- Click on Help and select Check for Updates.
- A window will open and Adobe will check for Updates. If any updates are found to be available click on Download.
- Once the update is downloaded you will get a system notification telling you so. Click on the popup to restore the window.
- In the window that opens click Install.
- Once the update is done click Close.
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "JDK 6 Update 22 (JDK or JRE)"
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u22-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.