Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sole

sole

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

I recently purchased these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-082-_-Product

The only problem I'm having is with the microphone. It works when I test it through the control panel, ventrilo & through counter strike's SETTINGS in the desktop icon (does NOT work in game btw)

When I first got them, they worked wonders but i don't know if I accidentally ticked something off or what that they stopped working IN-GAME & when i'm trying to search for music using midomi, etc.

Remember, they DO work. I do hear my voice when I test it using ventrilo & stuff, but they don't work while I'm playing counter strike or using midomi.

any tips?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris_Pool

Chris_Pool

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

Do you have a front and back mic port? Try using the other port if you have one.
If you have sound card drivers (like realtek), try messing with those.

Are you sure it doesn't work in game? Other players couldn't hear you?
Have you tried it with another game, or skype or something like that

#3 sole

sole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

Do you have a front and back mic port? Try using the other port if you have one.
In fact, I do. Unfortunately, the headphone wires are USB (not separated with a microphone & headphone jack). In order to use the headphones, it came with a disc which required to install the 'Creative' program.. how obnoxious, I know.
If you have sound card drivers (like realtek), try messing with those.
I do. But RealTek only worked with my old set of headphones which had the two separate jacks. Doesn't work with this USB one. I have to use strictly 'Creative' settings.. and as I stated in my original post, the microphone DOES work. It just doesn't work in game and with other stuff for some odd reason.

Are you sure it doesn't work in game? Other players couldn't hear you?
I'm sure. I even asked the players and they said no. I also tested it under the in-game settings and heard nothing. When I check it through the settings from the desktop icons, it works...
Have you tried it with another game, or skype or something like that
It works on ventrilo.

answers bolded in red.

Edited by sole, 19 October 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#4 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

Have you tried running counter strike in window mode to see if that makes a difference?

Go into counterstrike, and in the console make sure voice_enable is set to 1

Also, go in game, change the command voice_loopback to 1 and see if you can hear yourself talking.

Have you looked through all of the headphones software to see if there is any tab that deals with games?

#5 sole

sole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Have you tried running counter strike in window mode to see if that makes a difference?

Go into counterstrike, and in the console make sure voice_enable is set to 1

Also, go in game, change the command voice_loopback to 1 and see if you can hear yourself talking.

Have you looked through all of the headphones software to see if there is any tab that deals with games?

voice_enable was already set to 5.

and i just tried voice loopback - i still don't hear anything.

and there isn't such tab for that =\

#6 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

I'm stumped here. Perhaps someone else could provide some more insight.

Something else you could do to help further narrow down the issue is to try the same microphone on a different computer for the same programs.

Does the same issue occur?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users