Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Game Of Life

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:17 PM

Has anyone ever created a 10 year plan?

Have you ever compiled all your hopes, dreams, plans, goals into a plan for the next 10 years?

I got a friend trying to convice me to do one and it seems like a lot of work. The convincing he's doing was brought on by a bout of depression I had, when I was feeling like I wasted my life. I felt like the theme song to my life was Pink Floyd's "Time".

Is it worth it????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:24 AM

I think time is something that seems to flash by. If you think about the past, you will find a lot of wasted time. I think he has the right idea. I have not done this but have been through different mental illnesses in my life. I had two car accidents in a two year period, that were not my fault. They shut down my successful furniture design firm that I started when I was 20. It was in the tenth year of business. I had to take about two and a half years off, doing NOTHING.

This happened to be in 2002, when XP came out and I happened to buy a XP machine and I spent the entire time on medication shreading that machine. I would infect, scrub, clean and reformat nearly every week for the two and a half years. I took it a part and put it back together, over and over again. It was my "release" and it was my new life. I never learned more about machines than during that time. I was sooo high on the pills they gave me (and some natural flower power) that I soon could do anything on it with my eyes closed. Then I was repairing machines for many people and obtained a education of sorts. I read every book I could and started to discover things that computer people in my city did not. Malware hunting became my goal. Everyone around me was thinking I was crazy and that security meant not getting your machine stolen! I had a lot of fun.

Equipment, tools, cars, and other machines have always been easy for me. I was brought up in a family design/build company. I have over twenty years in the trade (third generation builder), but computers became my new tools.

Needless to say, I do not take time for granted anymore. I had a close call with some heart problems during that time as well.

You are in control of your life, even when it does not seem so.

Make a list and start knocking those things down, you will find peace, and life will treat you well. Idle minds are the biggest waste. Jesus is the reason for life and you should show him that you were worth the sacrifice!

You are capable of SOO much.

There is nothing that you can't do, unless you don't do it!

Oh, yes that machine still works like a brand new machine today! It is nearly as fast as the $2000.00 new Sony Vaio that I work on today at work!

:thumbsup:

Edited by micaman, 19 November 2005 - 03:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users