Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i change my Routers IP address back?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stevie615

Stevie615

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

I accidentally changed my routers IP address.. Now it doesnt even show up on my computer. How do i change it back to what it was??? Im confused. I reset my router and everything, but it still isnt showing up.. Please Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Do you know what you changed it to? Make sure you do a hard reset by holding in the reset button for ten seconds or so as well.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 curryjl

curryjl

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

What router are you using? And have you changed any other settings on your own PC?
Curry ~ CCENT, A+ Information Technician

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

If this is a Linksys. A hard reset will many times require pressing the reset button for 30 secs. While still holding in the button disconnect the power cord for about 30 secs. Then while still holding the reset button reconnect the power cord and continue to hold the reset button for an additional 30 secs.

After that allow the power light to stabilize, connect the ethernet cable. Allow all lights to stabilize again before attempting to enter the routers GUI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users