Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cprent99

cprent99

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

I recently had a bunch of problems with my laptop. I have been able to fix a lot them using Malwarebytes, Ad-aware, Norton, Spybot S&D, Defrag and a registry cleaner. However, there are still a few issues. One is that there random popups for different websites. These popup in a new tab or sometimes redirect the site I am on. This happens on different sites, but most on Google and CNN. It sometimes happens when I am just typing in an address and haven't even finished yet. Another problem is that I get Win32 services errors every once in a while. I also frequently cannot get my wireless to work after my computer has been closed in sleep mode. It still shows as connected, but is usually to an "Access Point" which does not exist. I can turn on the Wireless Zero Configuration which allows me to appear to connect to my actual router, but it really does not work. The only solution is to restart my computer for this. The last problem is mainly just an annoyance. The taskbar will randomly change styles to Windows Classic style when I am using the computer. It usually switches right back, but I don't know why it is doing this.

I have tried rerunning all of these programs above again, but nothing shows up now. I have use HijackThis, but I'm not sure what to with it. I've seen mentions of ComboFix for other people and on several websites. Would you suggest that I try this?

Edited by hamluis, 17 October 2010 - 04:38 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users