Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

web browser redirected windows xp pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DEATHBLOOM

DEATHBLOOM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

hi,
im trying to fix a computer for a family member and im running into some problems. the computer gets redirected after clicking on links from a Google search. like when i search for a site such as amazon.com through google clicking on the displayed results leeds me to the correct url then is is changed and i am brought to a new undesired site. just as a side note its not adult sites they are all shopping and fake search result sites. this only happens once out of every 4 or 5 searches and it seems to be more based on what im searching rather then how often.

i have scanned the computer with, malware bytes, spybot s&d and Avast free editon. while the scans did have some results and removed the infections without a hitch the problem still persists.

when trying to view or use windows update i am met with the "this page cannot be displayed" page even though the internet is working fine (im posting and viewing this site and others no problem). this happens on both IE6 and Firefox 3.6.10

i am unsure as to what i should do next and i am grateful for any assistance in this matter.

the computer is running windows xp pro sp 3

thank you for your time

Edited by DEATHBLOOM, 17 October 2010 - 02:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DEATHBLOOM

DEATHBLOOM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

problem solved using tdsskiller thank you kaspersky!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users