Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Internet has been hijacked!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 aereissner

aereissner

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Please help, my lap top has been hijacked! I was watching a tv show on line when error messages started popping up saying I had an infection. Everything I touched was blocked the same error message saying I was infected and connecting to internet explorer may cause posible damage. I ran MBAM in safe mode and detected 4 infected files. I saved the log file but am not able to post it as my computer has blocked all Internet access. I am currently using my son's iPod to post my problem. I also ran a scan on Superantispyware that detected one infected file. I saved this log as wel but again have no Internet access to be able to post to you. This infection said "browser hijacker.Internet explorer settings hijack. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help with my issue? This is my baby I practically live on. Is there hope or do I have to put it to rest? Thanks, Ames

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aereissner

aereissner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

I have fixed the problem so no need to respond. Thank you!

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

Hello

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad that your computer problems have been fixed. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom fruits_cherry.gif
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users