Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing network adapters

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 v6nce

v6nce

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

I have managed to corrupt my system following a crash while removing a virus with Dr web cure it.
Now I can no longer connect to the internet. My connections are via wireless or mobile broadband dongle.
Device manager shows my adapters but as disabled I can enable them and they are then shown as working correctly but task manager still reports no adapters installed.
This is on an acer laptop running win xp mce sp3. I have discovered a factory reset option which I can access with Hirens but would like to repair if at all possible. I tried to repair / replace tcp/ip from Win disc but received a message saying no folder available to copy to. I am now beyond my ability.
I think my system is now clean and seems to work fine however windows firewall cannot be turned on. the virus I was removing was "win essential security suite" which made avira rapid fire multiple deny requests at me and I think I must have accidentally clicked on the virus popup which then froze all my security programs Avira, Mallwarebytes, super anti spyware, Hijack this and windows firewall.
I may not be able to return to this site until next weekend but any specific help would be appreciated as it would be so much easier to follow instructions to completely fix my OS while working from the defective laptop online.
Thanks in advance Vince

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

I would try to reinstall your Network Adapters Drivers and see if that solves your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users