Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rootkit infection?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AndyBog

AndyBog

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

Hello all, I have been having issues with my laptop for a couple of days now, little strange things have been happening, for example, windows defender icon wont show on taskbar (near clock) even when set to show always, very very slow to start up, multiple instances of iexplorer.exe running using up loads of memory, computer will freeze for short while and then start responding again.
I have installed peerblock which shows that my computer is trying to connect to various ip address' even when im not browsing the internet. I have now become very paranoid that something has infested my computer and is trying to send data to some where.
I have McAfee internet security 2010 (antivirus & firewall), spybot S&D, spyware blaster, malwarebytes, superantispyware (free edition) & Windows defender installed and all show no problems found.
I access the internet through a wireless router which has a built in firewall

Please help!

Regards
Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users