* We received multiple emails from a cousin, each with a single-line link ending in "527_1.html"
* While the beginnings of the links varied, all links ended in "527_1.html", for example hxxp://assoabcd.fr/527_1.html
* Unfortunately, we clicked on one. A black 'command prompt style' window poped up for split of a second, then nothing happened.
* Nothing happened yet (I think), since I took the computer off line immediately
* I ran Avast and it found two viruses: DC746.exe and A0023319.exe. I cannot find much info on these two.
* MalwareBytes did not find anything
* Is our computer safe to use? Do we need to do anything else?
Thank you very much for your help.
PS. We have Windows XP SP3 and Microsoft Outlook
Edited by quietman7, 18 October 2010 - 09:55 AM.