Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maybe an error in ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TiPunK

TiPunK

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

Hi,

First of all I don't know where to place my topic in your forum, I hope I don't disturb you. I had a problem on my O/S few weeks ago, resolved now. But some told me that it could be a ComboFix malfunction.

The person said :"It seems that this is getting to be a common problem! I had exactly this error introduced after running ComboFix and doing a few other things to solve a totally unrelated problem. This has left me wondering whether ComboFix may have disabled the HID by introducing the space and then not removing it after."("Original post Here on the official Microsoft Support Forum")

I suggest you to check your software on this point. Thanks ;-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hi TiPunk.

Thank you for your concern. While as far as I know ComboFix wouldn't likely be responsible for something like this, I will pass this information along to the developer and get his take on the matter.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hello.

I've heard back from the developer, and he has confirmed that ComboFix did have an error causing this issue. The error has been repaired.

Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#4 TiPunK

TiPunK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

You're welcome. You can thanks JoseIbarra on the topic I wrote on the Microsoft Assistance Forum here.

Edited by TiPunK, 20 October 2010 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users