Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer connection problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 outboundforever

outboundforever

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

Just recently, my computer was infected by an anti spyware hoax virus. I used rkill and malwarebytes to clear it and it worked.

The problem now is that when I log onto internet explorer, the page displays internet connection problem. The wireless signal is very strong, unlocked, and seems to be running fine. I just cant surf the web, except in safe mode. I tried disabling the fire wall but it didnt work. I can't do system restore because when I got rid of the virus, it cleared all the others out. This is for a Dell Inspiron 1525, with Windows XP.

If there is anything anyone knows that can help to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate

Please help,

Veronica

Edited by hamluis, 17 October 2010 - 02:50 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BAC NGUYEN

BAC NGUYEN

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

I have the same problem with IE browser after I followed the written intstructions to remove Antivirus Action. My computer is HP with windows XP pro with SP3 service. The malware seems gone. But the IE browser cannot function in normal mode. The Network Diagnostic results showed windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS or FTP. This is probably caused by firewll settings on this computer. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP (port 80), HTTPS (port 443) FTP port 21. Also I got a message windows/wanmpm.dll is missing when windows starts.

I do not know much about the firewall settings and dll installation. I hope someone in the forum can help with this topic.

#3 syamrajk

syamrajk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Checkout the lan settings under the connections of internet options. I shall go in detail.

Go to run then type "inetcpl.cpl" then pres enter
Then you will get the internet options, go for the connections tab, there go for the LAN Settings> check whether the proxies are checked or not, if checked make it unchecked. Then pres ok. Now try to work again on the IE.
mostly this will help you with the issue.

#4 sugabear

sugabear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

I thank you so much for this. It was such a simple fix. I thought I would have to pay big bucks to restore my internet. Here's a big cyber-Hi-Five. Thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users