I just got my membership, so I will be following instructions from here on out, BUT... I read the things not to do and I've done ALL of them.
I used combofix, have cd emulation and am posting without the correct logs.
My computer was working fine. A little download here, a little porno there, I had webroot, malwarebytes, spybot s&d, combofix, everything was cool. I shut my computer down and was away from home for a few days. When I came back, the first thing that happened when I turned it on was "windows security essentials" had a security alert for me and I don't even have that program on my machine! I began running scans like a good boy (webroot, malwarebytes, spybot) and got rid of the fake security program. What it left on my computer is this: My sound switched from USB device to laptop speakers, when I click google links it sends me WEIRD places and I can't get combofix to run. AEI.EXE starts when I run combofix and takes up 100% CPU. Then SSU.EXE and CSRSS.EXE come in and battle for control. I've deleted ssu and csrss, but they just come back. I've contacted webroot, but they send me instructions that I've already followed.
What I am attaching is my combofix log (yeah, I got it to run once). I will find out what programs I need to post logs that you can use and do that.
DDS said it would take 3 minutes and it took at least an hour. gmer went fine.
I've done as I was instructed to do and even turned off my virtual cd drive with defogger.
The files are attached and I await a reply with some type of help...
EDIT: Posts merged ~BP
Edited by Budapest, 17 October 2010 - 04:26 PM.