Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folders show there empty when there not

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snowghost

snowghost

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

This just started while I was organizing files in my E drive ( partition on my C drive for storage ) I had two windows open to the drive inside a png images file, when I got through get every thing the way I wanted and backed back out to the t of the drive all the folder looked empty, showing no sign that there were file inside, whrn I open one of these and all the folders inside are OK, the have the sign that there are files insde them, it's just the main folders that are holding all the rest of the files.
I know this has a simple fix, I just neer had this happen to me before so don't know where to fix it out.

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Can you take a picture of what you are trying to explain?

#3 snowghost

snowghost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

I am not getting preview of whats in the folders, I have added a few for testing and having no problem with them showing me the preview of what kinda of data is in them

Edited by snowghost, 16 October 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#4 snowghost

snowghost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

Here's a screen shot of it, I have all ready changed out all but that one, the new images folder, see how it appears as theres nothing in it, it is full of images and should be showing a preview like the rest of the folders are, I decided to leave it till I figure out whats wrong with it, and what mite have caued this to happen

Posted Image

Edited by snowghost, 16 October 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

If there is a mixture of files in there it wont show the display.

#6 snowghost

snowghost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

I have mixed files in all of them, theres folder and open images behind them, I took the open images behind the new images folder and put them in a folder and it fixed the problem, then I took them back out and mixed them with folders and it still works ( who knows ), Nothing surprises me with windows

Will keep this fix in mind if it happens again, I just wonder what caused it to happen this time, I knew it was a simple problem

Edited by snowghost, 16 October 2010 - 11:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users