Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get My Web Site To Appear In Search Engines?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

Dear Whizz Kids,

Some time ago I created (sorry, had a friend create) a very small web site to promote the artist's easles I make in my shed as a hobby.
I spent a couple of hundred dollars on sites which allegedly get your web site in the search engines. Waste of money. I had as many relevant words or phrases as meta tags as I could think of.

Having done all this I could never google my site.

Is there a site or a guide that I could refer to that instructs in simple English how to get a web site searchable? Money is not a consideration in so far as I dont have any:)

Hopefully

Constantine
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 XellOs~

XellOs~

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:09 PM

http://www.google.com/webmasters/1.html

hope that helps

p.s - byron bay's a great place :thumbsup:

#3 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:26 AM

I have had very good success doing this on my own. My advice can be found here. You should never pay "those" companies to promote your site. When you stop paying, you lose your "rank" with the search engines.

You can go to each of the search engines MSN, Momma, Clusty, etc. and read their help file to "submit your site" and find the advice you are looking for. Each one is a little different. You will find it in fine print at the bottom of the page or by the submit button.

But the most important thing is content, properly written, without grammatical errors. You can read more at the link I provided.

:thumbsup:

Edited by micaman, 19 November 2005 - 04:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users