Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEW M.O.H. Don't bother!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

A single player game that takes less than two evenings to complete and not enjoyable at that, and a multiplayer game that makes COD without dedicated servers seem like a thing of beauty.
A waste of time (although not much) and money - you have been warned!

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hmmm looks like a good game to me, everyone ive talked to whos played the beta says its awesome. . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

If you only do multiplayer it isn't so bad. I'm an RPG guy myself, so completing a game in two evenings is laughable for me.

3939.png

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

im definetly more of a multiplayer type of guy, I enjoy that a lot more then single player. I havent even beaten the single player of BFBC2 yet, in fact i dont even think im past the third level. . .yet I play the multiplayer rather consistantly lol.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#5 Noviciate

Noviciate
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

There are three major issues that I have with this game:

1) Realism. I'm all for a touch of reality, and a better understanding of what troops face in "defence of the country" is never a bad thing, but it doesn't always make for a fun gaming experience. Hunting around for unseen enemies taking potshots at you isn't how I like to spend my evenings. This is partly due to poor visibility, which I accept is part of the reality of combat in Afghanistan, partly due to effective camouflage and partly due to ...

2) Scale. This affects both the single and multi-player experience, as both suffer from "small" enemies. Tinier targets makes for more difficulty in hitting anything. A lot of the combat is at a distance and identifying enemies and hitting them is just not that easy. While that may be a good thing in some people's eyes in that it separates "the men from the boys", it also leaves the game suffering from a...

3) Lack of fun. Playing MW2 online offered something positive, even if it was just a shared suffering when lag made the game unplayable, and losing wasn't the worst thing to happen as you just waited for the next game and tried harder. You got your kills and you made the most of them and dismissed the deaths as lag, bad luck or lack of skill if you were honest!
MOH online has nothing at all to recommend it and even winning seems to be a non-event - there's just no sense of enjoyment at all.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

See, I prefer the more realistic gaming experience, which is why I played delta force blackhawk down for quite awhile-it had rather small targets, and large maps, and seeing them sometimes got difficult. routing out hidden enemies taking pot shots, thats what I enjoy about the game, see, my problem with mw2 is the same as my problem with Halo, to much run and gunning, I prefer actually using tactics, cover to cover, etc to beat my enemy. Im not a big fan of run and gun games. Granted, mw2 isnt as bad about that as halo is, it wasnt near as good as COD4 was, because COD4 had that fine balance-a match could be run and gun, or it could be tactical, depending on the people involved, it allowed a lot of leeway either way for gamers on both end. MW2 still has this to a point, but was definetly designed more for the run and gun crowd. So in my book, all your complaints, to me sound like a good reason to buy the game, on the same note though, thats not to say you should like it, everyones different, each person has different likes and dislikes, which is why each gaming company makes them different, different people like different things. . .a lot of people like halo, I dont really, but theres nothing wrong either way in my opinion, whether your a run and gunning sort of guy or a hide behind a bush and snipe a guy 1000 yards away. . .

picard5.jpg

#7 Noviciate

Noviciate
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Quickscoping I can live with as it demonstrates a level of skill, but skulking around waiting for somebody on the other team to get bored of waiting for you or your team to move and move themselves makes for a pointless game - if you want to spend all evening hiding, pull out your fridge, get behind that and save 25 (or the equivalent in your local currency).

Tactically it makes sense to camp with this game as the scale makes in difficult to both spot characters and differentiate between friend and foe with any rapidity when running and gunning. Anyone moving makes themselves an instant target and there isn't really the option of scanning the surroundings first as you just tend to be a bullet magnet when you peek out.

I really do passionately hate this game which, given that I so badly wanted it to succeed to prove a point to IW, is very disappointing to say the least.

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Quickscoping I can live with as it demonstrates a level of skill, but skulking around waiting for somebody on the other team to get bored of waiting for you or your team to move and move themselves makes for a pointless game - if you want to spend all evening hiding, pull out your fridge, get behind that and save 25 (or the equivalent in your local currency)..

Actually, I do, or used to-used to play airsoft competively, me and a bunch of buddies would go out to a little canyon with our airsoft guns, and try to nail each other with them, I did quite a bit of camping. . .though didnt really save any money since it all went into the guns and ammo lol.

picard5.jpg

#9 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

A single player game that takes less than two evenings to complete and not enjoyable at that, and a multiplayer game that makes COD without dedicated servers seem like a thing of beauty.
A waste of time (although not much) and money - you have been warned!

I have read nothing but negative reviews about the game. I tried the Beta on the PC and was completely unimpressed.

The worst part is that the single player uses the Unreal 3 engine and the multiplayer uses the BC2 engine. Very odd of EA but I can see that they just wanted to shove the same routine garbage down people's throats.

#10 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

This is probably the worse game ever made.

#11 Noviciate

Noviciate
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Obviously not played Kane and Lynch 2 - Dog Days. Possibly the worst shot recognition in history!

#12 halfnerdhybrid

halfnerdhybrid

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

Personally, I completely loved the campaign, the ONLY flaw I found was the length. It was like Mercenaries 2 in that, I played a few hours on the toughest difficulty, and was mostly done after one playthrough (About 4 - 5 hours). On the issue you guys have about small enemies, I never thought I'd see anyone having an issue with that. Then again, I was practically raised on Black Hawk Down, so finding small targets in the campaign was not a problem for me, and I was catching a surprising number of the headshots I tried for.

I loved the campaign, but my gripe was the Multiplayer.

You guys said it. They tried to give everyone something that everyone has with Call of Duty. Only they made it worse. I play in 480p on a TV with a picture tube that has yellowing colors, (White has a noticable yellow tint unless I haven't been on my computer for a while) and I can completely agree with how hard it is to see anything. That, I managed to get past, by just figuring out how to move with minimal line-of-sight. What killed it for me was the fact that it's 12v12 on maps about the size you'd see in Call of Duty. I mean come on? Airstrikes and missiles dropping on my head every 10 seconds? And I start with a reflex sight on my sniper rifles? Come on, EA. You could have really tried harder...

Just my two cents, guys.

Oh, was I the only one who loved the vicious range the shotguns had in the game as opposed to other games?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users