Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ps2 Game - The Thing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

I have noticed lately that cheats are much harder to get than they used to years ago, the only thing that has cheats now are PC's because you can edit the registry or that Game Shark thing for PS2 but i don' like those because they usually make the bad guys not die the built in ones in the game are OK but there isn't any cheats anymore. I've complete Half the game without cheats but unfortunately i can't continue without it because i had a fight with the 1st Big boss and now i only have 3/10 of health left after that and there isn't any health packs anywhere, the next level that follows the Big Boss you have to fight 2 small things and 2 medium/large things and the health pack is on the far wall but can't get it because i get killed with 1 touch because health is too low.[font=Verdana]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:47 PM

Well, most games now-adays are getting away from the in-game cheats because they serve no credible purpose in the game. Some allow you to unlock cheats after you beat the game, ensuring that you have mastered at least one difficulty level and have experienced the game it was meant to be played.

What's the point of a video game if you need cheats to win? There's no challenge or skill involved. I only use cheats after i finish a game, and want to get some extra mileage out of it (especially for games like GTA and Psy-Ops).

That being said, there are no cheats for The Thing. I always get my cheats from Gamewinners.com, and if they don't have it, then it's extremely rare that anyone else would have them.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

then the game is fixed as i can't continue with 3/10 health to beat the first part in the next stage. need at least half health.
the is only an unlimited amo cheat there are 2 versions both on which i haven't tried them there is a short one and a long one.

Edited by Izzy, 18 November 2005 - 07:11 PM.

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

Is there a way to restart the specific level or start from a specific checkpoint? If not, i suggest you backtrack and look for some health packs or something.... either that, or just restart the game entirely.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

I think its alright to use cheats in games where your just supposed to have fun, for example, like roller coaster tycoon. I use codes for RCT just to have fun and build awsome rides and not be held back by anything and just build beautiful parks.

oh god, the thing.... I didn't get far in it and didn't care much for it, especially the fact that it was 2 megs to make a save file.

#6 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:44 AM

I can't back track because theres "THING" in the room behind i can get 1 but can't get the other, i can use the save point before this level but there isn't any health packs. Now this game really doesn't go to the movie i don't think many games do. But "THING" didn't walk around i it's own form like the game and there wasn't little, medium or large ones just when people change into the THING. But it passes time and i play it for fun. Just shame no cheats. Oh well i may have to restart it. I've had the game for like 3 years and i played it when i first got it but didn't get far and never played it since so i thought i will try and finnish it 3 years latere but i'm not getting far.

Edited by Izzy, 19 November 2005 - 06:46 AM.

#7 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:46 AM

I can't back track because theres "THING" in the room behind i can get 1 but can't get the other, i can use the save point before this level but there isn't any health packs. Now this game really doesn't go to the movie i don't think many games do. But "THING" didn't walk around i it's own form like the game and there wasn't little, medium or large ones just when people change into the THING. But it passes time and i play it for fun. Just shame no cheats. Oh well i may have to restart it.

Edited by Izzy, 19 November 2005 - 06:47 AM.

#8 Saxif

Saxif

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:39 AM

I remember that game... seems I finished it without using cheats, but I did have to go back and restore saved games a few times, which is probably what you're going to have to do. That game isn't actually supposed to follow the movie. It takes place after the events of the film.

#9 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:24 AM

i have realised that the game is after the movie as the 2 guys in the movie who survived had died along with the other members during the movie, so it seems i will have to start again from scratch as i can't go back any further to redor, my problem is that my medical guy dies along with some othere member i have (although some change to THINGS). i will try again, i only wanted a cheat to pass the section i'm stuck but not the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users